Answer by David Peter:
Facts about Mysore City :
- 2nd cleanest city in India.
- Mysore railway junction is cleanest railways station in india.
- University of Mysore (first university in karnataka).
- MMC is 1st medical college in karnataka.
- 1st city to undertake planned development in Asia.
- Cultural capital of karnataka.
- Famous for Mysore Silk, Mysore Masala Dosa, Mysore mallige, Mysore Pak Sweet, Mysore Beetle Leaves etc.,
- Vishnuvardhan, N.R. Narayan Murthy, Raghu Dixit, Vijay Prakash, C.N.R. Rao, Akhilesh yadav, kuvempu, Radhakrishnan, U.R. Ananthmurty, B.K.S. Iyengar, Javagalsrinath, Darshan, Yash have connections with Mysore city.
- Worlds largest corporate university (infosys GEC) is in Mysore.
- Mysore zoo is 3rd best zoo in Asia
- In 2010, the city of Mysore became the first Wi-Fi enabledcity in India,.Today, Wi-Fi enabled Mysore is the second in the world after Jerusalem.
- Indian election inks (marked on finger) is manufactured only in Mysore.
- One of four cities in india where currency notes are printed.
- 2nd largest IT export in karnataka after bengaluru.
- Mysore Was Home To The First Private Radio Station In India.
- Mysore's Karanji Lake's Aviary Is The Biggest 'Walk Through' Aviary In India.
- Mysore have India's First Intelligent Transport System.
- St.Philomina’s Church (India’s 2nd Tallest Church).
Proud to be a Mysorean!!