What are some facts one should know about food hubs like Dominos, Subway, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, et… by Himakar Reddy
Answer by Himakar Reddy:
- Each year, McDonald’s buys 3.4 billion pounds of potatoes. No Wonder they sell around 9 million pounds of french fries every day. So far they sold nearly 4 Trillion fries.
- McDonald’s Corporation is the largest owner of retail estate property in the world.
- The smallest McDonald’s restaurant is only 492 square feet. It is in Tokyo, Japan. and the largest McDonald’s restaurant is over 28,000 square feet and is located in Beijing.
- McDonalds has its own Hamburger University to train their employees.
- McDonald’s spends more than $1 billion a year on direct media advertising in USA.
- Utah resident David Whipple forgot about a paper-wrapped McDonald’s hamburger in his coat pocket that he bought in 1999. When he found the burger 14 years later, it had hardly decomposed.
- McDonald’s operates more playgrounds than any other private entity in the United States and is the largest distributor of toys in the world.
- Paris is the only place in the world where the McDonald’s arches are white instead of golden.
- They are so big, they created a shortage of Chicken supply in USA when they first introduced their Chicken Nuggets in 1979. To compensate the shortage they introduced McRibe with pork.
- In Germany, they sell beer.
- They introduced McPizza in 1989 but had to discontinue because they felt it takes too much time to cook.
- They have a Big Mac Museum
- Top 10 busiest stores are all in Hong Kong
- McDonald's uses 250 million lbs of tomato sauce each year.
- McDonald's has a branch where people can SKI-IN
Sources :, Business Insider, google search.
- McDonald's in Sedona, Arizona is probably the only store in USA with a Turquose Arches. The local Development community wanted all the stores to match the natural landscape. The franchise owner must be happy to get free promotion everywhere. 😀
Thank you Harneet for sharing the link.