What are some unknown facts about "The Dark Knight Trilogy" directed by Christopher Nolan ? by Krishna Pandey
Answer by Krishna Pandey:
Batman inspired Bond and Bond inspired Batman.
Batman Begins inspired the James Bond producers to reboot the Bond franchise and reinvent Bond, making him much darker and realistic.
A recurring dialogue in The Dark Knight Rises is ‘Permission to Die’. This is also title of James Bond comic book released in 1989.
The character of Miranda Frost in the 2002 James Bond film Die Another Day is considered to be a major influence behind Miranda Tate.
A shot of Bond standing on-top of a building looking-out over London with a flag of England evoke Batman perched on roof-tops looking-out over Gotham City.
Nolan has often stated that the classic James Bond films have been an influence on his The Dark Knight Trilogy.
Skyfall (and also Spectre) Director Sam Mendes said, "In terms of what [Nolan] achieved, specifically The Dark Knight, the second movie, what it achieved, which is something exceptional. It was a game changer for everybody…What Nolan proved was that you can make a huge movie that is thrilling and entertaining and has a lot to say about the world we live in, even if, in the case with The Dark Knight, it's not even set in our world… That did help give me the confidence to take this movie in directions that, without The Dark Knight, might not have been possible."
Here are some similarities between Bond and Bat films
- Both The Dark Knight Rise and Skyfall show family burial sites of the hero.
- Glimpse of Future. In Batman Begin, we see the Joker card at the end suggesting what is to come next. At the end of The Dark Knight Rises, we see hint at a possible future of Batman with last minute character reveal. Same way at the end of Skyfall we see franchise’s promising future.
- We’ve known about Wayne Manor but Bond too has got family mansion. In Skyfall, Bond returns to his boyhood home — a large estate on the Scottish moors.
- Hero in Hole. Bruce fell into a cave full of bats as a boy, a traumatic experience that made a mark on his psyche. Young James , as revealed in Skyfall, spent two days in a priest hole after his parents’ death. When he emerged, he was changed forever.
- At the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises, Bruce is a cripple with a cane in his mansion. But later when Gotham is in danger, he miraculously recuperates from a broken back ( in yet another dark hole). In Skyfall, Bond gets shot and goes missing and is presumed dead. He’s beaten down and only gets pulled back into the game after a terror attack on his beloved London.
- At the end of The Dark Knight Rises, Bruce retires to spend his life like a normal person. Same way at the end of Spectre, Bond too quits and drives off with his girlfriend. Even so, both characters never officially quit.