What is one accomplishment you are most proud of? by @GauriSaju
Answer by Gauri Saju:
I took my grandma, who is 78, on an international trip, all by myself!
This was a week-long trip to Singapore and Malaysia.
Though I’m 24 and running a home, I was not sure if I could do this!
I mean, it’s not easy to take care of someone that old, because you may have to walk a lot, it could get very exhausting for them and you never know what could come up as an emergency.
She was very enthusiastic and I decided to do it anyway.
- We were the only family in the group trip, and others were all there for their late honeymoon or second honeymoon
- I was the ‘man’ who would carry all our luggage like a super-human
- When she gets tired, I would ask her to take rest and rush to buy some fluids for her
- After the tiring day of sight-seeing and laborious walks, in the night, when back to room, I would massage her limbs, pack her clothes back and then make sure that the AC was set in late 20’s so that she doesn’t feel too cold or too hot.
- I used to hold her and walk slowly with her, I would run to find out where the lift was, as she could never stop getting scared of stepping into an escalator.
- In the buffet meals that we had, I made sure to seat her first with a plateful of food, after which I would join the queue to have food.
- I learnt to be a gentleman, I learnt how to take care of a lady like a gentleman.
- The whole trip was a wholesome experience for me, I felt proud of myself.
- We laughed a lot and had a great time together.
- Except that she was a little grumpy and unpredictable at times, things were all good and smooth.
Above all, I’m proud of her for having made this big decision and being the bubbly girl that she is!
Picture location: Gardens by the Bay, Singapore