What everyday habits drain our energy? by Joshua Otusanya
Answer by Joshua Otusanya:
- Long Naps – During the day, short naps no longer than 20 minutes will leave you feeling energized. Longer naps of roughly an hour will leave you feeling groggy and sluggish. This feeling comes from entering the deeper stages of sleep that occurs after 30 – 60 minutes.
- Over-stressing – When you spend time worrying about everything, you drain a lot of mental energy. Choose a select few things worth worrying about and let go of the rest. This is a point taken from Mark Manson’s book,
- Taking Things Personally – We don’t need to make everything about us and when we do so, it gets exhausting. The whole world is not out to get you.
- Sleeping In Late – It sets a bad tone for the rest of the day. Studies have found that when you wake up earlier in the morning, it makes you more productive.
- Using Your Smartphone – Texting and checking Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media platform can become an addictive habit.
- Holding On To The Past – If you can’t let go of past mistakes or tragedies, you will never fully enjoy the present or the future.
- Fueling Drama – Sometimes it’s ok to let a small disagreement go. You don’t always have to be right. People may try to throw negativity your way, and often times the best way to handle it is to not add fuel to the flame.
- Lack of Self-Respect – Exercising bad habits such as poor diet and lack of exercise rob your body of energy. Your body is a machine and needs the right fuel and maintenance to keep running efficiently.
- Lack of Gratitude – Learn to appreciate the things that you’ve been blessed with because there are people out there that wish they had the exact things you aren’t thankful for.
If you liked this answer and want to hear more advice, subscribe to my YouTube channel: