What is the best mystery of Indian temples until now? by Siva Bharani
Answer by Siva Bharani:
The famous CHIDAMBARAM NATRAJA TEMPLE which represent one of the five classical element of nature “aakash” of Lord Shiva sholud not be forgotten when talking about the mysteries of Indian temples.
The Golden roof and the place where the deity of Lord Shiva is situated is one of the best mystery. Let me explain
this golden roof was built by Parandhaga Chozha
- This roof was made of golden plates and even the nails used were gold.
- It contains a total of 21,600 golden tiles which represents the number of breaths a person takes in a day
- Total of 72,000nails were used which represent the subtle nerves in the human body.
- Also the roof has 64 reapers which represents the 64 arts
- The cross beams in the roof represents the inumerable blood vessels in human body.
Another interesting fact is that the place where the deity of Lord Shiva is located is said to be the very centre of the earth.
The whole of the natraja temple as it is famously know has its structure similar to human body . That’s why the deity of Lord Shiva is placed slightly Left representing the heart.
Also the famous CHIDAMBARAM RAHASYAM (The secret of the Chidambaram) is the hanging thing above. It shows the "formless" – as the space in Chidambara-rahasyam, an empty space within the sanctum sanctorum, the Nishkala-thirumeni one of the form of Lord Shiva.
THESE ARE FEW FACTS WHICH I WAS TOLD BY MY GRANDMOTHER WHO WAS FROM THE VERY TOWN OF CHIDAMBARAM.
One should never forget Lord Shiva when talking about mysteries because he himself is one big mystery .
Hope it was informative.