Who are some great Indians that most people have not heard of? by @nikkhil14
Answer by Nikhil Agrawal:
Lets talk about Mr. Raees
No, not him
Quorans, meet Mr. Mohd. Raees Mehmood Makrani
Who is he?
He is a local car mechanic from Sagar (Madhya Pradesh) who is repairing cars for the last 35 years
What did he do?
In 2012, he converted his Maruti 800 to run on water and he also developed the technology to operate car through his mobile phone
It cost him around 7 lakh rupees and merely 3 years of hard work .
The question arises in our mind
Well, in 2007 he started an experiment where he combined calcium carbide and water to create acetylene gas for power.
He designed and converted the engine of car to work according to the power of gas . It took about 1.5 years of his hard work to make the engine start with this mixture.
Here are some snaps of his car.
- It has a 796 cc engine which is equally powerful than other cars.
- It runs with the speed of 50 to 60 km/hr
- With 25 kg of water and 4 kg of calcium carbide it covers 60 km distance.
- He also developed a technology, with which you can also control this car through your mobile phone (amazing)
Now here is the irony
- He never had any formal training .
- He had received offers from companies of Dubai and china but he rejected them all because he is inspired from Make In India.
I am proud of myself that I belong from his region.
Edit: His product is not commercialized yet because all the companies that are interested in Raees's water car project will have to meet his one condition – any plant to make new car will be established only in his hometown in Madhya Pradesh.
Makrani said: "I want things to change in my hometown. So this is where my work should continue."