What are some of the lesser-known facts about Morgan Freeman? by Vijay Belekar
Answer by Vijay Belekar:
- When asked to name thehe did in his life, Freeman said, “Being born, leaving the Air Force to go to Hollywood, and leaving Hollywood to go to New York.”
- His first acting experience came as a punishment. In Junior High, Freeman was trying to get the attention of a girl named Barbara, and did so by pulling her chair out from underneath her. His teacher took him to another room where a drama was being prepared for a tournament, where he wasHe ended up winning “Best Actor” for his part in the tournament.
- He’s had several brushes with death. In 2008, Morgan was injured in a seriouswhen his vehicle flipped over several times in Mississippi. He broke several bones and had to be cut free from the wreckage. He still suffers problems with his left hand due to the crash. In 2014, while piloting his own plane, Freeman made several emergency landings. In late 2015, Freeman emerged unscathed when the plane he was on after a tire blew out on take-off.
- He once fell asleep during an on-air interview. When Morgan and Now You See Me co-star Michael Caine appeared in a live TV interview, Freeman appeared to nod off while Caine spoke. No one attempted to wake Morgan, who seemed to snap out of it on his own.
- Morgan became a private pilot at the age of 65. He owns (or has owned) at least three private aircraft, and is certified to fly all of them. He is an advocate for General Aviation Serves America, as seen in the video below. His interest in flying dates back to his stint in the Air Force from 1955 to 1959.
- He’s a big advocate for legalizing marijuana. In a 2015 interview with, Freeman pulled no punches in his advocacy for legalizing pot. “Legalize it across the board!” he said.
- Morgan Freeman is the first American to record a par on the “Extreme 19th” hole at Legend Golf & Safari Resort in Limpopo, South Africa. It’s the highest and longest par 3 hole in the world.
- In 2006, the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office granted Freeman a trademark on the name “Morgan Freeman,” following a 2005 lawsuit in which he won the rights to the domain.
- Freeman’s most famous character on The Electric Company was Easy Reader, but he also played the part of the legendary vampire Dracula.
- Alexa and Siri have nothing on Morgan Freeman, who lent his distinct voice to Jarvis,Mark Zuckerberg's new artificial intelligence assistant.