How can I stop being average? by @ThisisJoshO
Answer by Joshua Otusanya:
“If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk
- Wake Up Earlier – Fight the temptation to sleep through your morning. Wake up an hour earlier than you’re used to. Getting a head start to your day is going above and beyond and is a habit most successful people do.
- Study Those That Are Above Average – Study some of the greatest and most inspiring individuals through history and you’ll notice certain commonalities. You notice that they work nonstop and value every little ounce of time they have.
- Change Your Thinking – The mind is powerful. What you continuously start to hear about yourself is what you will start to believe. You can’t control what others say about you so work on speaking to and about yourself in a respectful fashion. Speak about yourself as if you are capable of phenomenal things.
- Just Do It – Just like Nike always says. If you want to lose weight, go workout. If you want to educate yourself, read literature. If you want to be a stand up comedian, perform at open mics. You’ll never be if you don’t do.
- Avoid Your “Comfort Zone” – You learn the most when you expose yourself to different experiences. The greatest musicians of all time such as Michael Jackson and Prince studied all types of music. Not just the genres they loved the most.
If you liked this answer and want to hear more of my interesting thoughts, subscribe to my YouTube channel: