Why Elon Musk is less famous than Mark Zuckerberg? by Vivek Tiwari
Answer by Vivek Tiwari:
- Zuck is known for founding Facebook.
- Musk is known for founding Tesla, SpaceX, PayPal, SolarCity, OpenAI, TBC, Zip2 and Neuralink.
- Zuck’s company believes in changing the world by connecting people.
- Musk’s companies believe in changing the world by creating better products for the people.
- Zuck fought legal battles for the ownership of his invention (Facebook) and monetised it to ultimately build a company out of it.
- Musk founded the Hyperloop technology, and released it as an open-source proposal to let other firms and engineers work upon the technology. All Tesla patents too are open-source. You can literally build your own Tesla using Tesla’s technology and Musk won’t sue you.
- Zuck’s Facebook generated revenue of about $27.6B USD last year.
- Musk’s Tesla generated revenue of around $7B USD the very same year.
↑ Facebook; ↓ Tesla
- Zuck’s net worth is $58.6 B USD and he’s 33 years old.
- Musk’s net worth is $14 B USD and he’s 45 years old.
Mark Zuckerberg is richer, more influential, younger and powerful than Elon Musk. Many argue that Elon Musk hasn’t “changed the world”, yet. But by building Facebook, Zuckerberg has already done it. Which is a major reason why Zuck is a lot more popular than Musk.