What are some interesting facts about Ratan Tata? by Jay Desai
Answer by Jay Desai:
Story 1 (Tata Ford Tussle)
- When Ratan Tata started Tata Motors its first car Indica didn't preformed well and due to losses incurring he was advised to sell the Tata Motors.
- He went to Detroit, US to talk about sale to Tata Motors to Ford. He was insulted by Bill Ford led company who blasted him for entering automobile sector and said if they buy Tata Motors they would be favoring them.
- Ratan Tata was humiliated. But in his mind he had decided to take revenge. Almost a decade later in 2008 Tata was doing good and Ford was at the brink of bankruptcy. Ratan Tata bought Jaguar division from them. Bill ford said , “Ratan Tata did favor to us by purchasing Jaguar Motors”. In this way he took a sweet revenge.
Story 2 ( Tata on 26/11 )
- Ratan Tata was the only private sector legend who tried to reduce the sufferings of all 26/11 victims and not just Tata employees.
- Loans of deceased were waived by Tata.
- Counselling provided to the victims.
List of full help given by him ;